Custom Apps can be created by Insightly administrators on the Enterprise subscription plan. Advanced Permissions must be enabled.
How to create a Custom App
- Go to System Settings > Custom Apps.
- Click New Custom App.
- Enter the name of your app.
- Enter a description for your app.
Use the Home Dashboard dropdown field to select which shared dashboard will be displayed on the custom app’s home page by default. If the dashboard is deleted later, the opportunities shared dashboard will be set as the new default dashboard.
- Choose a color for your app. Click the square icon to bring up the color selector.
- Click Change Icon to select an image to represent your app.
- Click Next.
- Click on an object from the Available Objects list and click the right arrow to add it to your app. You can add or remove any standard or custom objects except the Home object, which is mandatory.
- Click Next.
- Click on a profile from the Available Profiles list and click the right arrow to give those users access to the app. You cannot remove administrators.
- Click Save Custom App.
Your app has been created! To access it, click on the square icon in the upper right of your screen.
In order to edit an object under custom app via 3 dot menu, you need to add that object under the custom app management by following these steps.