When you are creating a new record in Insightly, there will probably be other new records you need to create alongside it.
For example, if you are creating a new Contact you might also want to create the Organization they belong to. Using Lookup dropdowns, you can create both records at once.
For existing records, the option to create a new record will only appear by accessing the record in the blade view and clicking on the pencil icon; you cannot do this through in-line editing or full-screen editing.
You can use any standard or custom Lookup dropdowns you've created to create new records. In the example below, we will create an Organization while creating a Contact.
Make sure you have the Lookup dropdown field you need added to the Page Layout of the object type first.
Example - Creating an Organization while creating a Contact:
- Go to Contacts. Click New Contact.
- Fill out the Contact's details. Click on the grey Organization dropdown and click Add New Organization.
- Enter the details for your new Organization. Insightly will automatically check for duplicate Organizations.
- Click Save & Return when you are finished.
- You will be redirected back to the Contact creation screen. Finish adding details to your Contact and click Save.