You can set up custom fields to hold unique information that you'll need to record in your CRM. After creating a field, you'll add it to a page layout, where you can create sections to group your fields.
Each Insightly subscription plan limits the number of custom fields you can create. See our pricing page for the custom field limit on your plan.
To set up a custom field:
- Click the profile icon and go to the System Settings page.
- Select Objects and Fields.
- Select the object you’ll be creating fields for (you can create fields for Contacts, Organizations, Opportunities, Leads, Projects, or Custom Objects).
If the field you're creating already exists for a different object, you can select that object and duplicate the field.
- Select Object Fields from the Object Management menu.
- Click New Field.
- Choose a field type and click Next.
- Complete the required fields:
- Field Label – Enter the name for your new field. For example, we are going to create a new field under Contacts called “Billing ID.” (You won't be able to use the same field name twice.)
- Field Name - The name will automatically fill after you've added your Field Label, but you can alter it if needed. Note: Field Names are followed by __c (two low dashes, then c).
- Click Save Custom Field.
- Add the new field to a page layout.