You can update multiple items at once, provided you have permissions to access and edit them. Using the steps below, you can choose a selected group of records and then export them, add tags, and update them in many other ways.
You can also perform bulk updates through importing. See Understanding bulk updating with imports.
To edit multiple records:
- Click a tab in the left navigation menu.
- If the current list does not display the records you need, you can:
- Select the records you'd like to change. You may select:
- Individual records by clicking the checkboxes to the left of each name
- All records on the current page by clicking the checkbox above the list. Insightly will display up to 30 records per page.
- All records in the list you're viewing (if there are more than 30 listed on subsequent pages) by clicking the checkbox above the list and then clicking the link in the "Select all..." message that appears at the top of the list
- Click one of the bulk editing options that appear above the list. The available options will depend on which page you're viewing.
- Follow the prompts to select or enter new data to update the selected items.
Bulk editing options
After you've checked the boxes to select your records, the bulk edit buttons will appear above your list. Choose from the actions to update your selected records. Not all actions are available for all objects.
Click the pencil icon to add or remove tags, add links, change permissions, and more.
There are various ways to narrow down your list to a set of records that you'd like to update:
- Create a custom list and filter
- Click a link in the right sidebar under Your Recent Imports if you've recently imported items
- Click on a tag name to filter by tag
Bulk editing and workflow automation
If you use workflow automation, you need to enable it when you bulk edit. Select your records and click the bulk edit icon. On that screen, you will check the box to trigger and process any workflow automation actions that are applicable when the edit is complete.