Insightly can display icons that open LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter pages from your Insightly contacts. These icons will be linked to social profiles that you enter or links that Insightly discovers for you based on a record's email addresses.
Social media discovery
When you add an email address to a contact, Insightly will use it to find public social profile matches for LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. If the record is missing an image or social profile, Insightly will update the record using the social information that's found.
If you change the email address later and would like to change the social profiles, you'll have to update the social links manually.
The system will never replace links or an image that you've added manually, and you can always edit the record to replace or remove links or an image that you don't want to see.
Because the social network search is based on an email address and public profiles, if a contact has a private profile, Insightly will not be able to find it.
Manually adding a profile
To add a social profile:
- When creating or editing a contact, click Add Social Profiles.
- Enter the URL for the LinkedIn or Facebook page, or the Twitter handle or URL.
- If you have a link to another type of social network, click the Add Website link and enter the URL. These will display as links in the record.
- Click Save. The icons and website links will now appear in the Details section.
Disabling the social discovery feature
You can disable the auto-lookup feature to prevent Insightly from searching social profiles by email address.
To disable the social discovery feature:
- Go to System Settings > Social Profiles.
- Uncheck the box.
- Click Save Settings.