Insightly administrators can create and delete custom fields and custom field groups from the System Settings > Custom Fields page.
To delete a custom field or custom field group:
- Click the profile icon and go to the System Settings > Custom Fields page.
- Click the object for which you want to remove a custom field.
- Click the trash can icon next to the field or custom field group you'd like to delete.
Custom field groups may only be deleted after all fields have been removed from the group.
- Click OK to confirm you would like to delete the item.
When you delete a custom field, you are also deleting any information that has been entered into this field for all affected records. This information cannot be recovered.
If the field is used in any custom rules, actions, or filters, they will not operate properly. Make sure you adjust those as needed.
To delete a custom field:
- Click the profile icon and go to the System Settings page.
- Select Objects and Fields.
- Select the object you’ll be deleting fields from (Contacts, Organizations, Opportunities, or Projects).
- Select Object Fields from the Object Management menu.
- Click the three dot menu next to the field you'd like to delete.
- Select Delete this field.
- Click Delete Custom Field to confirm you would like to delete the item.