Customers with paid Insightly subscription plans can schedule reports to be emailed at certain days and times or when an alert is triggered.
- A scheduled report will run at a time you select and be delivered as an email attachment to the recipients you've selected. Examples include:
- A monthly report of tasks completed by your team.
- A weekly sales pipeline report.
- A daily report of new leads.
- A Smart Alert will run a report at a scheduled time and check if the report meets a threshold that you've set. Alerts will only email a report to you (the creator of the alert). A report needs a summary field for an alert to be set. For example, you can receive a report:
- Every time an opportunity that's worth more than $10,000 is created. (Using the maximum bid amount in the summary.)
- When your team has completed 300 calls. (Using a count summary.)
Accessing your report
To set up a report schedule or Smart Alert, the report must first be saved. Saved reports will appear in your report folders. Run the report by selecting a folder and then clicking the report name.
When you run a report, the Schedule and Set Alert buttons will appear above the report details.
To have a report run automatically at a scheduled time and be sent via email:
- Click the Schedule button above the report details.
- Select the user account that will run the report. Some users may only have permissions to view certain records, and the scheduled report will respect those permissions based on the user you select.
- Select the people who will receive the report via email. Click more than one name to select multiple people from your user list.
- Choose the frequency and recurrence schedule for your report.
- Select a start date, end date (if needed), and a preferred delivery time when the report will run and be emailed to you. The selected time is UTC/GMT (Greenwich/London time).
- Keep the box checked for the "Report Schedule is Active" setting. If you'd later like to pause the report delivery, you can return to this setting and uncheck the box.
- Click the Save Schedule button to activate the scheduled report.
- A confirmation message will appear and your new schedule will display in the Report Schedule and Alert area of your report details.
Your report will need at least one summary field to set up an alert, because alerts are based on numeric limits for the entire report. To receive an emailed copy of the report when an alert is triggered:
- Verify that your report includes at least one summary field.
- Click the Alert button above the report details.
- Select an alert type. You can choose to receive an alert every time the alert is triggered or only the first time it is triggered.
Enter your report conditions. These conditions are based on the summary row of your report: count, average, minimum or maximum amount, or sums.
To test if your alert settings would trigger an alert with your current report results, click the Run Now button at the top of the page. A message will appear with the result of Pass (the current report results would trigger the alert) or Fail (the current results would not trigger the alert).
Set the times you would like the alert to run the report and check for your conditions. Time of Day is UTC/GMT (Greenwich/London time). If the set conditions are met when the alert runs, you'll receive an email with the report results. If the conditions are not met, an email will not be sent.
Keep the box checked for the "Report Schedule is Active" setting. If you would later like to pause the report delivery, you can return and uncheck the box.
Click the Save button to save your alert.
- A confirmation message will appear and your new alert will display in the Report Schedule and Alert area of your report.
Deleting a scheduled report or alert
Reports with a schedule or alert appear with icons next to the report name. Point your mouse cursor over the icon to view information about the schedule or alert.
To delete a schedule or alert:
- Click the report name to open the report.
- Click the Schedule or Alert button.
Click the Delete button to delete the schedule or alert.