A SmartMerge report will display all contacts, leads, or organizations with similar-sounding names, allowing you to merge exact duplicates as well as closely matching organizations. The report will be emailed to you in a spreadsheet file and is a more comprehensive way to search your records for duplicates.
There are also other SmartMerge methods to find duplicates or records with closely-matching names.
To use a SmartMerge report:
- Go to the Contacts, Leads, or Organizations page and click the SmartMerge link in the right sidebar. (Click the Show Sidebar button if you need to open the sidebar.)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the option to run a full report.
- The report will be emailed to you in a zipped Excel file. Click the link in the email to download the file. The link will be valid for 30 days.
- Open the saved file. The file will list three columns. You can click any of the links in the first two columns to view the details of a record in Insightly. But you can also do this in the next step.
- Click the SmartMerge link to go to the SmartMerge page for the identified records in Insightly. You can now begin the merging process.