When you set up custom fields, you may want to create the same field for different kinds of objects. Using the steps below, you can copy a custom field's configuration to a different object without having to enter all the details again.
To duplicate an existing custom field:
- Click the profile menu and go to the System Settings > Objects and Fields page.
- Select the object that contains the field you'd like to duplicate.
- Click Object Fields.
- Click the three dots next to the field you want to clone and select Clone this Field.
- Choose the object you want to copy the custom field to. Click Next.
- Fill out the Field Details. You will need to create a unique field name for the clone. For example, you might change Type_of_Car_Opportunities to Type_of_Car_Projects.
- Click Save Custom Field.
- A confirmation message will appear to let you know your clone was successful.
The duplicated custom field will now appear when creating or editing a new record.