When you set up custom fields, you may want to create the same field for different kinds of records. Using the steps below, you can copy a custom field's configuration to a different record type without having to enter all the details again.
To duplicate an existing custom field:
- Click the profile menu and go to the System Settings > Custom Fields page.
- Select the tab for the record type that contains the field you'd like to duplicate.
- Click the Copy Custom Field icon next to the field you want to copy.
- Select the field group to which you would like to copy the custom field.
- If you'd like to use a different name for the new field, edit the name.
- Click Copy Custom Field.
The duplicated custom field will now appear when creating or editing a new record.