Sometimes, you'll want to use an existing project or opportunity as a template for a new one. To do this, you can clone it.
Cloning a project or opportunity will:
- Create a new record with a status of Not Started
- Copy all fields to the new record, except for an opportunity's Forecast Close Date field
- Copy the Pipeline, but set it back to the first stage
- Copy links, tags, and viewing permissions
When the Copy Existing Files and Notes option is selected, cloning will also:
- Create a copy of attached files and attach them to the new record
- Copy file links to file storage services, like Google Drive and Dropbox
- Link existing notes, including Evernote links, to the new record
To clone a project or opportunity:
- Open the record you'd like to clone.
- Click the Actions menu and select Clone This Project or Clone This Opportunity.
- Check through all the fields and make any necessary changes, such as updating the name, description, or Forecast Close Date.
- Check the box for Copy Existing Files and Notes if you would like all items on the Files and Notes subtabs from the original record to be copied to the new record.
- When your project or opportunity uses a Pipeline with Activity Sets, scroll down to enter your start dates, end dates, and assignments.
- Click Save.