When a record is deleted in Insightly, it's moved to the Recycle Bin. If records are accidentally deleted, and you need to recover, retrieve, or undelete them, you can use the Recycle Bin to restore those records.
- Items deleted within the last 30 days can be restored or permanently deleted from the Recycle Bin.
- Anything in the Recycle Bin for more than 30 days will be permanently deleted by the system and cannot be restored.
- Items in the Recycle Bin count toward your record and storage limits.
The Recycle Bin link appears in the right sidebar when viewing a list of records.
The following items may be restored from the Recycle Bin:
An item that is attached to another can't be restored on its own when its "parent record" has been deleted. You will have to restore the parent record, which will then restore related items.
For example, if you delete a task that contains a comment, both the task and the comment will be moved to the Recycle Bin. But the comment can't be restored on its own, since it would have nothing to attach itself to. Restoring the task would automatically restore both the task and its comment.
To restore or delete items in the Recycle Bin:
- Select one of the main tabs to access a list view. It doesn't matter which tab you select, as there is only one Recycle Bin for your entire Insightly account.
- Click Recycle Bin in the right sidebar.
- The Recycle Bin will display the most recently deleted items at the top of the list and the rest in descending date order.
The list includes all deleted items, even if they were attached to a "parent record" that was deleted. To restore an item that was attached to a deleted parent record, you will need to restore the parent record.
- To permanently delete all the items that you or others have deleted, Select My Deleted Items or All Deleted Items and then click Empty Recycle Bin.
Items deleted from the Recycle Bin cannot be recovered.
- You can also find specific items by using the Search field.
- Click the checkboxes next to the items you'd like to recover or delete, or select the checkbox above the list to choose them all.
Insightly will display up to 50 items per page. If you'd like to select all the items on the current list from all pages, click the Select all... link that appears above the list.
- Click the Restore Items or Delete Items button.
- A confirmation message will display when your request is in process.
- When you restore items, Insightly will send you an email when the process has completed.