It's easy to say "A picture is worth a thousand words" when discussing charts and graphs. Visualizing report data gives viewers a quick way of digesting information, and online charts provide up-to-date details when you need them.
- You can add a single chart to a report.
- Your report will need to be grouped by at least one field for data to be plotted on the chart.
- To plot something other than a count of records to the Y-axis, add a summary field to your report, such as a value or date field.
- A chart preview will display up to 10 data points along the X-axis to help you get things set up. The final saved chart will display a maximum of 50 data points.
- When field values are empty, Insightly will group these values under a data point labeled "None."
- If you'd like to filter out the empty values, filter the field with the "Is not empty" option.
- Funnel charts are only available for opportunities and projects. They will sort data from high to low values except in the case of Pipeline stages, which sort from first stage to last.
- If you have multiple Pipelines, filter the report to focus on the stages of a single Pipeline.
- Scatter charts need data that is grouped by at least one numeric and one non-numeric field.
- Pie charts will not display the callout value and percentage for values that are smaller than 5%.
- Stacked bar charts are not available.
- Charts are not included when the table data is exported.
- Colors, data point formats, and data labels cannot be customized.
To add a chart to a report:
- Go the Reports page.
- Create or open a report that is grouped by at least one field, or add grouping to an existing report.
- Click the Chart icon above the report parameters.
- The chart panel will display your options for the Chart Type, Chart Properties, and a Chart Preview, which displays up to 10 records.
- Select the type of chart you'd like for this report.
- Enter a title for the chart.
- Select from the other property values (X-Axis, Y-Axis, Values, etc.) to build your chart. The available properties will depend on which chart type you select.
- Click Save Chart to save your changes.
- Click Save or Save As at the top of the page to save the changes to your report.
Now, when you run the report, the chart will appear. You can mouse over a chart element to view more details, and you can click an item in the legend to hide or show the selected data in the chart.
And you can make changes to the chart by editing the report and clicking the Edit or Delete icons above the chart and on the right.