To protect their rights under local laws and regulations, a contact may have the right to request that you anonymize all data that you have gathered about them.
With the right technical resources and Insightly's API, you can anonymize the contact's information directly from the Insightly database.
To anonymize related information from Insightly on the web:
- Enter their name in the global search field and select the matching contact or lead record. All their relevant information in Insightly should be linked to the record.
- Review the tabs that appear in the record. If you are using integrations like MailChimp, QuickBooks Online, or Xero, you will need to follow the links to those applications and follow their procedures to anonymize items relevant to the request.
- Select the Activity tab. This tab will list all tasks, events, and saved emails that have been linked to the record.
- Click the three-dot menu for each task and event and select the Edit option.
- If the record contains information identifying the contact, change the contact information to an unidentifiable value and save the record. A placeholder like "[Removed per privacy request]" is a good practice for future reference.
- Select the Related tab. This tab lists all the related records, notes, and files that have been linked to the contact.
- Review each linked record (contacts, organizations, opportunities, and projects) and determine whether those record contains information about the contact.
- Edit any of the contact's identifiable information in those records, also checking their Activity and Related tabs.
- Perform a new search to verify that all the contact's identifiable information has been removed and repeat the process for any records that are found.
There are other ways to find a contact's records, such as creating a filtered list or creating reports. You will still have to click through the records to anonymize information identifying the contact.