To optimize the space of your details tab, Insightly Administrators can configure an object's page layout to separate fields into multiple columns.
When you open the full-screen view of a record, the section will be organized into columns. If you open the record in the blade view and the window is wide enough, the record will be reformatted to display several columns.
The fields are automatically organized into columns. The column that a field appears in is determined by the order they are in the original page layout. Each field will alternate between columns.
For example, say you have 4 fields. Fields 1 and 3 will be in column A and fields 2 and 4 will be in column B.
To enable multiple columns
- Go to System Settings > Objects and Fields.
- Select an Object.
- Go to Page Layouts. Select a layout.
- Hover over a subsection until icons appear. An example of a subsection would be the Name and Occupation section contained within the Details section. Click the gear icon.
- Select Flex-Column. Click Save Changes.
- If there are other subsections you want to enable flex columns on, repeat steps 4 and 5. When you have finished, click Save Layout.