When you are creating a new record in Insightly, there will probably be other new records you need to create alongside it.
For example, if you are creating a new Contact you might also want to create the Organization they belong to. Using Lookup dropdowns, you can create both records at once.
You can use any standard or custom Lookup dropdowns you've created to create new records. In the example below, we will create an Organization while creating a Contact.
Make sure you have the Lookup dropdown field you need added to the page layout of the object type first.
Example - Creating an Organization while creating a Contact:
- Go to Contacts. Click New Contact.
- Fill out the Contact's details. Click on the grey Organization dropdown and click Add New Organization.
- Enter the details for your new Organization. Insightly will automatically check for duplicate Organizations.
- Click Save & Return when you are finished.
- You will be redirected back to the Contact creation screen. Finish adding details to your Contact and click Save.