Profiles grant levels of access to records based on the record type and permissions that are selected. Once you've planned out the profiles your account needs, you can start adding them to Insightly.
To create a new profile:
- Go to System Settings > Permissions.
- Select the Profiles tab.
- Click the Add Profile button to start building a new profile. You can also click Clone next to an existing profile to start with some options pre-selected.
- Enter a profile name, such as "Executive Access" or "Read-Only."
- Click the checkboxes to select or deselect your choices for this profile. You'll notice that some permissions are dependent on others. For example, a profile cannot edit contacts unless it's able to read them. Your choices are:
- Read - Can view this type of record and its navigation tab
- Create - Can create new records of this type
- Edit - Can make changes to the records they have access to
- Delete - Can delete records that they have access to
- Read All - Can read all records of this type, regardless of Role or Sharing Rules
- Modify All - Can create, edit, or delete all records of the selected type, regardless of Role or Sharing Rules
- Note that these final two options — Read All and Modify All — override all Roles and Sharing Rules.
- Click Save to continue on to the user assignment page.
- Choose All Users with No Custom Profiles to filter the list of users. You can also use the search field to find a specific user.
- Assign a user to the profile by clicking their name and then the right arrow.If you choose a user who is already assigned to another profile, they will be removed from their existing profile and reassigned. So, assigning an Insightly administrator to a custom profile will revoke that user's administrative privileges.
- Click Save.
A confirmation will display and the new profile will appear in the list.