This article is part of the Insightly Reporting Guide
With Insightly's advanced reporting, you can pick and choose which fields to display in a tabular report, filter and summarize them by specific values, and save and share the reports you create.
This feature is available for standard and custom objects.
If you have a paid subscription, you can also set up schedules and alerts for reports.
To create a new report:
- Go to the Reports tab in the left navigation menu.
Click the New Report button in the upper right. You can also select a report type from the Insightly template folders on the left and skip to step 5.
- Select a report type from the list. You can search the list by typing in a record name, like "Project" or "Lead." If you are looking for a custom object, it can be found in the "Other" section.
We'll select Project Activity for this example, where we'll produce a report of tasks in progress for each project.
Different report types give you access to different kinds of information.
A Contact report will display the fields from contacts, but a Contact Activity report will give you access to the contact fields and fields from activity records (tasks, emails, and events) that are linked to the contacts.
"Activity" is the keyword for spotting those types of reports.
- Click the Create button to begin building your report.
- Drag and drop fields from the Report Fields list on the left to the preview grid to add them to your report. You may add up to 30 fields. The grid will display a preview of the first 200 items as you build your report.
- Add filters to narrow or expand your results by dragging and dropping fields from the list to the Report Filters and Parameters area or by clicking the Add a Filter Row link. You may add up to 8 filters.
- Enter the operators and values that match your requirements, and then click the Add button. In this example, we're filtering tasks assigned to Tony AND with a status of In Progress. Filtering is not case-sensitive.
For relative date fields, click the information icon to select options like "Last 90 days." This lets you build and save reports for regular monitoring.
- Move your cursor over the filter and click the Edit or Remove button to remove a field filter or edit the parameter.
- The quick filter icons at the top right of the Filters and Parameters area let you create additional filters for the record creator and date created and are applied when the filter is ran. For example, if you set up a quick filter for "My Contacts" and share the report, each of your colleagues will see only the contacts they created when they run the report.
- Click the Configure Filter Logic icon above the filters if you have more than two filtering criteria and want to nest your filters. (The icon won't activate unless you have more than 2 filters.) This will give you access to a formula bar to create your filtering logic using simple Boolean operators—AND, OR, and parentheses.
- To further customize the view, drag a column header left or right to move the column, drag and drop it up into the grouping section to group by values, click the X next to the field name to remove it, or click a single column header to change the sort order.
- To see calculated summaries for numeric fields—like a sum total, average, count, or minimum or maximum value—click the Add Summary Row icon.
- Click the Chart icon to add a chart to your report. You'll need to have at least one grouped value to build a chart.
- Save the report by clicking Save.
- Enter a report name and choose the folder where you would like to save the file. You can also create a new folder.
- To see the results of your report, click the green Run Report button. Insightly will display up to 2,000 records in your browser. If there more than 2,000 results in the report, you can view all of them by clicking the Actions button above the report and selecting an export option.
You've now saved a report that can be run at any time by selecting it from your report folder. If you have a paid subscription, you can also have the report emailed to you with schedules and alerts.