Sorting through your records is easy with List Views. You can apply multiple filters to create a targeted view of your records. You'll also use them to create lists for kanban views.
With List Views, you can share lists with your team or create private lists that only you can access.
In addition to sharing List Views and Dashboards with everyone or just yourself, users can share with users based on their assigned role or sub role. This sharing option is only applicable to instances with Advanced Permissions enabled.
Create a List View
- Click the gear icon and select Add New List View.
- Fill in the New View Name and select your Sharing Settings. Click Save List View.
You can customize which fields appear in your list through the Choose Columns and Group Columns options. In any view, you can click a column header to sort by that field.
- Click on the gear icon and select Choose Columns.
- In List View Columns, you can add more items to your Visible Columns. Search through the list of Available Columns and click on the one you want to add. Then click on the right arrow to add it.
- To remove columns, find the one you want to remove in Visible Columns and click on it. Then click the left arrow to remove it. It can be added back later if needed.
- To change the order of your Visible Columns, click on the item in your list and use the up and down arrows to change its order.
- Click the gear icon and select Group Columns.
- Click on the column header that you want to group your records by and drag it to the designated area. For example, you may want to group your contacts by title.
- If you want to remove the grouping, click on the X in the box your records are grouped by.
- Add filters to your list by clicking on the funnel icon and then clicking on Add a Filter Row. To hide the filter section, click on the funnel icon again. To learn more about filters, read our article on basic report filtering.
- Hover over the filter and the option to edit or remove the filter will appear.
- You can add multiple filters to narrow down your list of records.