Users can add Products to their custom Price Books at any time. Any changes you make will not affect other Price Books.
Products, like Price Books, can be deleted if they have not been associated with any Opportunities or Quotes. If they have been, you can only mark the Product as inactive; you cannot delete it.
Make sure the Products you want to add are active or they will not appear as an option.
To add Products to Price Books
- Go to Price Books. Open the record you want to add to.
- Go to the Related tab. Under Products, click Add Products.
- Scroll through the list or use the search bar to find specific Products quickly. To add a Product, click the checkbox to the left of the Product name.
- Click Next.
- To change a Product's price, uncheck the box next to the Standard Price. Enter the new price in the List Price text box.
- Click Save.
To remove a Product from a Price Book
- Open your Price Book. Go to the Related tab.
- Find the Product you need to remove. Click the three-dot menu and select Delete Price Book Entry.
A confirmation message will appear once you have successfully deleted the Product from the Price Book. This does not delete the Product record; it will only be removed from the Price Book.