It's a good idea to create a new copy of an existing report before editing it, keeping the original as a backup.
To change a report's name, location, or parameters—like filters and summaries:
- Click the folder name that contains the report you'd like to change and then click the report name.
- Open the Report Editor by clicking the pencil/Edit icon.
- To edit the report, make your changes to the fields, filters, and summaries that you'd like to modify, just as you would when creating a new report.
If you have an active alert for the report, you won't be able to edit a related summary row unless you deactivate the alert. This is because the alert uses summary calculations as its trigger.
- To make changes to a report's chart, click the Edit or Delete icons above the chart.
- To change the name of a report or the folder where it is saved, click the Report Properties button to edit those properties.
- Click the Save button or—if you'd like to create a new copy—click the down arrow next to the button and select Save As.