By mapping custom fields using the steps below, you can have Insightly copy information from the opportunity custom fields to the project custom fields when the project is created.
To map a custom field from leads to other records:
- Make sure you have same the custom field with the same configuration for opportunities and projects. The easiest way to do this is to duplicate the opportunity field for your projects.
- Click the profile menu and go to System Settings > Opportunity Field Mapping.
- Locate the lead field that you would like to map to projects. In this example, we're mapping the Region field.
- From the list, select the custom project field to match to. You can only choose one opportunity field for each lead field.
- Click Save Custom Field Mappings.
When a opportunity is converted, its custom fields will now be copied to the project fields you've matched up.