To map a custom field from opportunities to projects:
- Make sure your custom fields have the same configuration for Opportunities and Projects. The easiest way to do this is to duplicate the opportunity custom field.
If you want to map the Bid Amount from the opportunity to the project, create a number custom field with the Length set to 19 and the Decimal Places set to 2.
- Go to System Settings. Select Opportunity Conversion in the left menu.
- Locate the Opportunity field that you would like to map to Projects. In this example, we're mapping the Region field.
- From the dropdown list, select the custom Project field to match to. You can only choose one Opportunity field for each Project field.
- Click Save Custom Field Mappings.
When an Opportunity is converted, its custom fields will now be copied to the Project fields you've matched up.