Insightly Marketing provides users with general report templates to gather and review data related to a wide variety of information such as emails, Prospects, forms, hosted files, etc. Additionally, users can create and save custom reports to meet any additional needs that the existing report templates do not fulfill.
In this Article
How do Reports Work?
Insightly Marketing's Advanced Reporting object allows users to gather, customize, and review data regarding a wide variety of information located within Insightly Marketing.
When accessing reports via the objects on the left side of Insightly Marketing, the Advanced Reporting Page will display the following report folders:
- My Personal Reports: Custom reports that have been created can be found in this folder.
- Shared Reports: Custom reports that have been shared with a user but not created by the user can be found in this folder.
- All Reports: Both custom reports and shared reports can be found in this folder.
- Prospect Reports
- List Reports
- Redirect Link Reports
- Form Reports
- File Reports
- Email Reports
- Visitor Reports
Selecting any of the report folders on the left will display the available reports in that folder in the reports list view section. This section displays details such as the report name, date created, who the report was created by, and whether or not the report is scheduled. To search within in a report folder, the search bar in the reports list view can be utilized.
When creating a report from a template or editing an existing report, the report editor allows users to edit and save a report. The following options are available for all reports:
- Close: Close and exit the report
- Save: Save edits and configurations that have been applied to the report
- Run Report: Run the report and review the results
- Report Properties: Apply a custom report name and save the report to a specified folder
Report Filters and Parameters
For additional information regarding report filtering, please review the Report Filters and Filter Logic article.
The Report Filters and Parameters section can be utilized to edit default filters applied to reports as well as add new filters to customize reports; new filters can be added by clicking Add a Filter Row or by dragging and dropping a field from the Report Fields section. In the example below, the Email Performance Report has a default filter to display information from the last 90 days although (as with all reports), this filter can be edited or removed and additional filters can be added:
Icons in the upper right of the Report Filters and Parameters section allow for the following customization:
- Filter Record by Owner: Display records that are owned by a specific user.
- Filter By Date: For reports that have a default filter applied to review the last 90 days, this option will already be enabled.
- Configure Filter Logic: This configuration is available when three or more filter rows have been applied to a report. Please review the Report Filters and Filter Logic article for information on using filter logic.
- Add Summary Field: This configuration can be added when a report includes a numeric field. Please review the Report Actions article for more information on adding a summary field.
- Add Chart to Report: This configuration is available once a grouping has been added to a report. Please review the Report Actions article for more information on adding a chart to a report.
The Report Fields section displays fields that can be added to the report being viewed. These fields can be dragged and dropped to both the Filters and Parameters section and the report's Preview Grid. The fields displayed in this section are the same fields available when Add a Filter Row is clicked in the Report Filters and Parameters section. The field type are indicated by the icon next to the field name in the list:
- a: Text fields
- #: Numerical fields
- CalendarIcon: Date fields
- DropdownListIcon: Dropdown lists
- TF: True/False values (for example checkboxes that are enabled would display as True and completed tasks would display as True)
The Preview Grid allows users to review report data prior to running a report. Various configuration abilities are also possible within the Preview Grid:
- Export to Excel can clicked to export the report data into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Groupings can be created by dragging and dropping column headers into the groupings section. Once groupings have been created, a chart can be added to a report. Please review the Report Actions article for more information on adding a chart to a report.
- Data columns can be removed by clicking the Xfor the column.
- Additional data columns can be added by dragging and dropping fields from the Report Fields section into the Preview Grid.
- Date columns can have the date format configured by clicking the three dots menu in the date column.
Once Run Report has been clicked on any report, the View Report page will display and is segmented into three sections:
Via the View Report screen, the Actions dropdown can be clicked to export the report into various formats; the option to print the report is also made available. For Insightly Marketing users with a paid subscription, the ability to schedule the report as well as set an alert for the report are available as well.
Report Generation Status
This section displays the total results of the report and will contain a numerical value of records that are included in the report.
Report Schedule and Alert
In the event that a schedule and/or an alert has been setup for the report, this section can be reviewed for scheduling and alert information.
Report Filters and Parameters
Within the section, the filters that were applied in the Report Editor can be reviewed. Filters are read only in this section; to edit filters and rerun the report, the Pen icon (edit) can be clicked to return to the Report Editor.
This section displays the report results in the same fashion as the Preview Grid in the Report Editor. This section will display up to 2000 results; if the report contains more than 2000 results, the report can be exported via the Export to Excel button or the options in the Actions dropdown. Once exported, the initial 2000 results can be reviewed as well as any results that exceed the initial 2000.