To delete a user, you must be an Insightly administrator. Deleting the user will do four things:
- Prevent the user from logging in.
- Remove the user from all user lists.
- Hide the contact record associated with the deleted user.
- Reassign open items according to your selections in step 4, below.
No data will be lost. The deleted user will continue to be associated with other records, such as completed tasks or closed projects. (You can also choose to link the user's contact to items you're reassigning by following the tip at the bottom of this page.)
- Click the profile icon and select System Settings and then Users.
- Click the three dots to the right of the user's name and select Delete User.
- You will be prompted to reassign the user's open items before deleting their account. Select an active user to take over open tasks, milestones, projects, opportunities, and activity sets.
- If you have a paid subscription and won't be adding a new user to replace the deleted user, reduce the number of users on your account to reduce your monthly subscription cost.
If you have open opportunities or projects that a user has worked on, you may want to link them to the user's contact record before reassigning them to someone else. This is a good way to keep track of what they previously worked on.
This can only be done before you delete the user, since a deleted system user's contact is hidden from searches and linking.
- On the Opportunities or Projects page, filter by the user or create a custom filter to create a list of open opportunities or projects assigned to the user.
- Select all of the listed items and use the bulk editing button to add a link to the current responsible user's contact record. When adding the link, you can add a description like "Former employee" or "Previous project manager."
- Now you can delete the user by following the steps at the top of this page.