This article is part of the Security & Permissions Guide
You'll want to make at least two trusted users administrators to help manage your account. Making all users admins is generally not a good idea.
Making a user an administrator allows them to:
- Access and change system settings (add new users, create custom fields, etc.).
- View, edit, or delete any record, regardless of permissions and visibility settings.
- Access and change billing settings.
- Cancel and delete your account.
Insightly administrators can make other users an administrator, too. If the user has just been added, they will need to complete their registration before you can make the changes below.
You can tell if you're an administrator by looking for System Settings in your profile menu. Only administrators will see this option.
To make a user an administrator:
- Go to System Settings > Users.
- Click the Administrator icon to enable or disable the admin option for each user. When the icon is green, the setting is enabled. (A user will need to complete their registration before this icon will appear.)