This article is part of the Security & Permissions Guide
Organization-wide sharing limits or opens access to record types across your account. There are two settings for each record type to make it private or public.
To change organization-wide sharing for a record type:
- Go to System Settings > Permissions.
- Select the Organization-Wide Sharing tab.
- Click Edit Sharing Settings.
- Select the Public... or Private... options next to the record types you'd like to change.
- Click Save Sharing Settings.