Insightly administrators can add new users from the System Settings > Users page. Once the user is activated, you'll need to set up their security access permissions.
If you're using Insightly Classic, you can set up a unique URL from the System Settings > Insightly URL page before inviting users. This will let you create a custom URL for users who don't log in from G Suite (Google Apps for Work).
To add a new user
On paid plans, adding a new user will increase your subscription cost. You can view your current plan level and per-user cost on the Billing & Account page.
- Go to System Settings > User List.
- To add or invite a new user, click the Add New User button. Depending on how your Insightly account was set up, you will now see one of two options.
- If you see a list of G Suite users from your Google Apps domain, you're using an Insightly for G Suite account. If you don't see a list, skip ahead to the next step.
Select a name from the list and click Add to activate the user in Insightly. The user will receive an email and will be able to sign in using their G Suite login. For these users, you can skip the next step.
Users from outside your domain, including subdomains, won't appear in the list and can be added in the next step. These users won't be able to log in from Gmail.
- If you are not using Insightly for G Suite or are adding a user from outside of your G Suite domain, enter the new user's first name, last name, and e-mail address.
- Select a Profile for the user.
- Click Add New User.
An email message with an activation link will be sent to the user. They can activate their Insightly user account by clicking the link and setting up a password. For security reasons, the invitation will expire after seven days. If they have any trouble, our article on following up on invitations can help you assist them.
Setting up security permissions
Once the user is activated, you may want to change their security permissions. How you do this will depend on which permissions system your account uses.
When your Insightly account is set up with Simple Permissions, you can make the user an administrator or turn off their ability to export information. To do so, click either of the icons next to the user's name.
Advanced Permissions give you more control over what a user can see and do in Insightly, and you can set up a user's regional settings for them.
When you use Advanced Permissions, you can also make the user an administrator or turn off their ability to export information. But if the user won't be an administrator, you'll also need give them access to the right records by assigning them to a profile and role.
To set up a user's regional settings and assign a role and profile
- Click on the user's name.
- Click Edit User.
- Select a role from the list.
- Select a profile from the list.
- Select the proper time zone, currency, default address country, and language for the user's location.
- Click Save User Details.
As your business grows and new users with new responsibilities are added, you may find you need to adjust or add your roles, profiles, and sharing rules.