To protect their rights under local laws and regulations, a contact may have the right to request that you delete all data that you have gathered about them.
With the right technical resources and Insightly's API, you can delete the contact's information directly from the Insightly database.
To delete related information from Insightly on the web:
- Enter their name in the global search field and select the matching contact or lead record. All the information in Insightly should be linked to the record.
- Review the tabs that appear in the record. If you are using integrations like MailChimp, QuickBooks Online, or Xero, you will need to go to those applications and follow their procedures to delete items relevant to the request.
- Select the Activity tab. This tab will list all tasks, events, and saved emails that have been linked to the record.
- Click the three-dot menu for each task, event, and saved email and select the Delete option.
- Select the Related tab. This tab lists all the related records, notes, and files that have been linked to the contact.
- Review each linked record (contacts, organizations, opportunities, and projects) and determine whether the record contains additional information pertinent to the contact's request and is not linked to other records.
- Delete any records that you determine are unique to the contact. Check the Activity and Related tabs for those records, as well. To delete a record, click the Actions menu and select the Delete option.
- Return to the contact's record.
- Click the Actions menu and select the Delete option. Deleting the record will also delete any notes and files related to it. All these items will now be in the Recycle Bin.
- Open the sidebar and click Recycle Bin. You will need to remove the deleted records from the Recycle Bin to permanently delete them.
- Select the checkboxes next to the items you've deleted.
- Click Delete Items.
- Perform a new search to verify that all information regarding the contact has been removed and repeat the process for any records that are found.
There are other ways to find a contact's records, such as creating a filtered list or creating reports. You will still have to click through the records to delete the relevant data.