Insightly will no longer provide an integration with Slack. The decision comes as a result of Microsoft’s overhaul of the Microsoft Bot Framework, which we had used to build the connection. Learn more.
To communicate with Insightly's chatbot—the Insightly Assistant—on Slack, you will need to connect the two services and select which channels the Insightly Assistant can communicate on. You can also direct Insightly notifications to specific Slack channels.
Once the connection is established, all users on your account will then be able to log in to Insightly Assistant from any designated Slack channels.
You must be an Insightly administrator to access the System Settings page.
To connect the Insightly Assistant to Slack:
- Go to System Settings > Integrations.
- Click the Install button for Insightly Assistant.
- Click Add to Slack.
- Enter your team's Slack domain and log in, if necessary. This will allow any user on the team to start communicating with the Insightly bot by inviting them to a channel.
- Select the first Slack channel to add to Insightly and click Authorize.
- If you have more channels to add, click Add to Slack again and repeat the steps above.
- Click Edit Settings to direct Insightly notifications to Slack channels. If you don't want notifications in Slack, skip the remaining steps.
- Select a channel for each type of notification you'd like to receive in Slack.
- Provide additional information for notifications that require it, such as minimum opportunity won value, lead source, minimum lead rating, and a lead's minimum number of employees.
- Click Save.
If you're having trouble, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Support available with all paid plans.)