An administrator with an Intuit login can connect Insightly to the QuickBooks Online accounting program.
This will allow you to display customer summaries and the status of individual invoices, payments, or estimates to selected Insightly users. Once you're set up, you'll be able to use QuickBooks Online with Insightly.
Activating the QuickBooks Online Integration
You must be an Insightly administrator to install the QuickBooks Online integration.
- Go to System Settings > Integrations.
- Click the Install button for QuickBooks.
- Click Connect to QuickBooks.
- You will be directed to the login page for QuickBooks Online. Enter your Intuit login credentials and click the Sign In button.
- Click the Authorize button to allow Insightly to display your QuickBooks Online data whenever you request it.
- Back in Insightly, go to the Quickbooks Online integration page and select the Insightly users who will have permission to view the QBO financial information in Insightly. You can choose Everyone or Selected individual people. Hold the CMD key on Mac or the CTRL key on PC to select multiple individuals.
Click the Save Permissions button to save the change.
Now, your selected Insightly users will be able to link and view QuickBooks Online information right from the QuickBooks subtab in your Insightly records. To learn how to use the QuickBooks Online integration, see Using QuickBooks Online with Insightly
Disconnecting Insightly from QuickBooks Online
If you later want to disconnect Insightly from your QuickBooks account, you can remove the permissions you've granted.