There are many versions and subscription options for Office 365 and Outlook 2013/2016, so the first step is to determine if you meet the requirements for the Insightly app.
If you're not sure which version of Outlook you have installed, or if you have trouble installing the app when following the steps below, Microsoft Support has been able to help many of our customers.
Add the app to Outlook
Each user will need to add the app to their installation of Outlook. If you're managing your own Exchange Server, your administrator may first need to enable the app installation.
To add the app:
- Log in to Outlook and click the gear icon in the upper right, and then choose Manage integrations.
- Search for "Insightly" in the Add-Ins search bar.
- Click the Off/On switch to enable the app.
- Click Close to return to the app.
Now, when you open an incoming email message, you'll see the Insightly app. Click Insightly to connect Outlook to Insightly, and you'll be prompted to enter your Insightly login information.
You can learn more about the app and how to use it in our Outlook app video.
Exchange Server administrators can allow installation of the app by following these steps:
- Log in to the Exchange Control Panel.
- Click organization in the left menu.
- Select apps at the top.
- Click the plus sign and choose Add from the Office Store. This will take you to the Microsoft Office App store.
- Search for and select the Insightly app to install it.
- Once installed, edit the app and set it to Enabled by default.