With Insightly's integration with QuickBooks Online you can:
- View information from the accounting program in Insightly
- Copy and link data between the two systems
- Create new QuickBooks Customers from Insightly
The integration does not provide a sync between the two systems.
Insightly administrators with an Intuit login can set up the integration by following the directions at Connecting Insightly to QuickBooks Online. Once the integration is installed, the QuickBooks icon and subtab will appear on each of your main records.
Organizations and contacts
- Open a contact or organization in Insightly and click the QuickBooks icon. This will trigger an automatic search for a matching organization (by name) or contact (by name or email address) in your QuickBooks Online records.
- If Insightly doesn't find a match in QuickBooks, type a name in the search box and click Search.
If a matching customer is not found in QuickBooks, you can create one without leaving the Insightly page by clicking New Customer. This function doesn't add Vendors, only Customers.
- When a match is found, click Add Link.
- Insightly will display an overview from QuickBooks, including contact information and a financial summary. From the Actions menu in the subtab you can:
- Unlink the current record to remove the accounting information from this Insightly record.
- Copy basic information (addresses, phone/fax numbers, email addresses, and website addresses) from one system to the other.
- View the linked QuickBooks item in a new tab.
- Below the overview, Insightly will list estimates, invoices, and payments. Select an option from the Show list to filter the displayed items.
- If you have an Intuit login and want to see the details of a transaction or modify it, click the View button to log in to QuickBooks Online and access the record.
Opportunities and projects
Opportunities and projects will display invoices, payments, and estimates that you have directly or indirectly linked to the record. Direct links are items that you have searched and selected from QuickBooks Online, and indirect Insightly Links are items related to the contacts and organizations that the current record is linked to.
Linking QuickBooks records directly
Since opportunities and projects do not include contact information, you can link specific QuickBooks records based on Invoice Date, Payment Date, Estimate Date, or document numbers.
- Select the Invoice Actions, Payment Actions, or Estimate Actions menu, then choose the Find option.
- Enter a document number and/or a date range to view a list of matching items from QuickBooks and click the Find... link.
- Click the Link button to create a link between the QuickBooks item and the current record. Click the View button to open QuickBooks Online and view the document.
- The item with a direct link will now appear with an Un-Link button on the right.
When you select the QuickBooks icon in opportunities or projects, Insightly will check the organizations and contacts that are linked to the current record and display all QuickBooks items linked to those records. These will be noted with the Insightly Link label.