The integration with PandaDoc helps automate the process of creating proposals, quotes, contracts, and other documents by merging information from an Insightly record with PandaDoc templates.
Installing the PandaDoc integration
Your Insightly administrator will need to enable the PandaDoc option from the System Settings > Integrations page to get started. Insightly will then display the PandaDoc icon on the Files subtab for leads, contacts, organizations, opportunities, and projects.
Creating a new document
- Open the lead, contact, organization, opportunity, or project you would like to create a document from.
- Click the Related subtab and go to the Files section.
- Click the PandaDoc icon.
- If you are not signed in PandaDoc on another tab, click the Connect button.
If you are already logged in, skip to step 5.
- Log in to PandaDoc, then return to Insightly and click the Refresh once logged in link. This will open the PandaDoc interface.
- Select your PandaDoc template. Depending on the type of object you're viewing, the template will be populated with the field values from the current record or its related records.
When viewing... Tokens are populated from fields in... Contacts The current contact Leads The current lead Opportunities
The first linked contact and the default linked organization for the first linked contact
(Custom contact and organization fields are unavailable)
If you're viewing an Insightly opportunity, project, or organization linked to contacts or leads with email addresses, Insightly will add those contacts or leads to the document's recipient list.
- You can now edit and review the document in PandaDoc, make changes, and send or download the completed document.
When you send a PandaDoc document, it is sent from PandaDoc, not Insightly.
- When you return to Insightly, a link to the document will appear under the Related subtab in the Files section. You can return to PandaDoc and view the document by clicking the link.
PandaDoc tokens and their related Insightly fields
When building your template in PandaDoc, copy and paste these Insightly tokens (including the brackets) into the template. These tell Insightly where to place the corresponding information from your CRM record.
A few notes about custom fields:
- Replace "CustomField" with the field label name for the custom field you have created in Insightly.
- Remove any spaces or special characters from the custom field name. For example, "No. of Units/Person" will become [Opportunity.NoofUnitsPerson].
- Capitalize the name of the field just as it is in Insightly. Tokens are case sensitive.
|Insightly Object Type||Token|
|Projects and Opportunities|