There are many reasons our customers love Insightly: ease of use, all the right functionality, integrations with popular applications, and so much more. While it’s easy enough to jump right in with both feet, this Getting Started section will help you cross the t’s and dot the i’s (with a heart, of course) as you get to know your new CRM.
So if you're just starting to learn how to use Insightly, here are a couple of things you should know right from the beginning:
- This is the Insightly Help Center. If you've got questions, you'll find answers here. We've got video tutorials, help articles, and a community of users who are happy to provide guidance and advice for your own unique situation. We also have a Resources page with links to whitepapers, a Getting Started guide, and live and recorded webinars.
- There are two types of Insightly accounts:
- Standard (or "non-G Suite") accounts are created through the registration on our pricing page.
- An Insightly for G Suite account created by a G Suite administrator through the G Suite Marketplace. This account lets you sign in to Insightly from G Suite's app grid.
If you haven't created an account already, go to pricing page and sign up for a free trial. Working through the CRM as you read the following pages will help you understand the tools available to you.
- What's a record? We use the term "records" in Insightly to refer to objects like contacts, organizations, opportunities... basically anything you can add to Insightly. Information within a record, like phone numbers or addresses, are fields. There are record and custom field limits on each subscription plan, so it's important to understand what these are.
- What is linking? Since you're looking at this on a browser, you've clicked a link or two to get here. In Insightly, you can link records to create the same sort of connection between items. This makes for easier navigation and viewing of your contacts' relationships. You can even link files and notes from Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, Evernote, and Box. Linking files instead of uploading them to Insightly will save space toward those limits mentioned above.
- How do I change my subscription plan? Insightly offers a free account, paid subscription plans, and a free trial account to test the paid features. (See our pricing page for details.) You can upgrade or downgrade between plans at any time.
How's that for lingo? We put together a longer list of terms, if you're a fan of dictionaries and glossaries.
Now that we're speaking the same language, let’s get started...