Any Insightly administrator with a Xero login can connect their Insightly account to a Xero accounting organization. The Insightly-Xero integration will add a Xero subtab to contacts, organizations, opportunities, and projects.
With the Xero integration, you can display high-level accounting totals and the status of individual invoices and bills to designated Insightly users. These users will also be able to create new invoice drafts directly from Insightly.
Activating the Xero integration
You must be an Insightly administrator to install the Xero integration.
Note: If you have more than one Insightly account, you can connect your Xero account to each of them, but you'll be prompted to click a Reconnect button each time you switch accounts and view the subtab. Xero cannot maintain an active connection to multiple Insightly accounts.
- In Insightly, go to System Settings > Integrations.
- Click Install.
- On the Xero Integration page, click Connect to Xero.
- You will be directed to the login page for Xero. Enter your Xero login credentials and click Login. The login used will need to have a minimum of Standard access in Xero, as Insightly will have the same access permissions as the user whose login is used on this page.
- Select the Xero organization you would like to connect to and click Authorize to enable permissions for Insightly. You may only connect one Insightly account instance to one Xero organization.
- You will be returned to the Insightly-Xero integration page. In the Integration Permissions section, select the Insightly users who will have permission to view the Xero financial information in Insightly. You can choose Everyone, a specific team, or selected individuals. Click the Save Permissions button to save the change.
Now, your selected Insightly users will be able to link and view Xero information right from the Xero subtab in your Insightly records.
To learn how to use the Xero integration, see Using Xero with Insightly.